This flavorful recipe is a long time family favorite and is sure to be a crowd pleasing side dish. With just a few ingredients this dish is easy and quick to prepare, leaving you more time to enjoy the many health benefits of with loved ones.
2 large bunches of greens, washed and trimmed
5 to 6 slices of thick cut bacon
4 to 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper To Taste
Optional: Olive oil if needed
1. Heat large skillet over medium heat.
2. Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and add to pre-heated pan.
3. Cook bacon until browned and crispy.
4. Remove cooked bacon bits with a slotted spoon and drain.
5. Leave bacon drippings in pan. Add garlic and cook 1 minute or until fragrant and slightly golden brown.
6. Remove garlic and place on a separate bowl.
7. Turn heat down and add greens. Cook greens until they are slightly wilted, then add the bacon and garlic back into the pan.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve.
*Note: if the bacon did not render enough drippings, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to compensate. Do not over cook greens, they will turn brown.